Derbyshire Specialist Aggregates is a producer and distributor of decorative aggregates to the construction industry. Head Office is at Arbor Low Works, Long Rake, Youlgrave, Derbyshire. The company employs 36 people on 3 sites. Derbyshire, Bridgend and Bangor.
The company is aware that its activities have an impact on the environment, and makes the following commitments in order to prevent or minimise those impacts:
- Present and future operations will be conducted in a manner that has least impact on the environment. Action will be taken to remedy any harm caused by past operations.
- All applicable environmental legislation, regulatory standards and other environmental obligations will be complied with. Any changes or new legislation will be monitored and necessary actions implemented to ensure continued compliance.
- Any pollution or potential pollution resulting from company operations will be prevented or minimised.
- Resource consumption, including raw materials and utilities, and waste will be minimised, and the company will be responsible in how waste is disposed of.
- The company will share information and work with customers, partners and the local community to improve environmental performance and demonstrate environmental commitment.
- Materials used will be sourced from suppliers who share the company’s commitment to the environment and who can supply an environmentally acceptable product that meets specification requirements.
- The company will continue to improve its environmental performance year on year, through the setting, monitoring and review of environmental objectives and targets.
- Everyone working for or on behalf of the company will be made aware of this Policy and how The Policy commitments should be complied with.
- This Policy will be available to customers, suppliers and any other interested parties and will be reviewed annually as a minimum.
Adrian Fewings, Director, January 2008
Martin Poulter, Director, January 2008